Do you or a loved one have difficulty speaking, hearing, or understanding?
The Adult Speech Therapy Division of Aurora Audiology and Speech Associates is structured to evaluate and treat adults of all ages who experience difficulty with their communication skills, cognitive ability, or swallowing solids and liquids. These difficulties may be a result of neurological injuries such as a stroke or brain tumor, but can be associated with other conditions, including laryngectomy, head or neck surgeries, vocal cord nodules, and cochlear implants.
Speech disorders are typically the result of an inability to produce speech sounds correctly or fluently. Our professionals diagnose and assess your unique speech conditions and develop a treatment plan with you to improve your communication and/or swallowing ability. Through speech therapy, most people make progress with their speech and language difficulties.
Please contact us if you’re experiencing problems with any of the following:
- Difficulty expressing wants, needs, and ideas via talking and writing
- Difficulty understanding language via listening and reading
- Slurred/garbled speech
- Vocal hoarseness
- Difficulty with attention
- Difficulty with organization
- Difficulty with problem solving
- Difficulty with reasoning or memory
- Difficulty chewing
- Difficulty swallowing solids or liquids
- Coughing during or after swallowing